Posts in this Category
- Technology Is Turning Your Kids Into Digital Junkies Research indicates that the child’s brain while in front of a screen is responding as all brains respond on drugs. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8-hChptPAA
- The iPad is a Far Bigger Threat to Our Children Than Anyone Realizes The author of Toxic Childhood assembles research on the effects of iPads on toddlers and young children. Read about it here: http://www.somedaily.org/ipad-far-bigger-threat-children-anyone-realizes/
- Computers ‘do not improve’ pupil results, says OECD The BBC reports on finding of the Organization for Economic Cooperation demonstrate that the best schools use little or no technology. Read the article here.
- Extra screen time ‘hits GCSE grades’ A Cambridge study demonstrates that one extra hour of TV a day reduces capacities in students. Read the article here.
- Mobile phone bans improve school exam results, research shows Though the educational goals still seem to be focused on exam scores, this research from the London School of Economics demonstrates that cell phones are not helping students to concentrate and succeed. “The Guardian” gives a useful synopsis. Read the post here.
- Students who use digital devices in class ‘perform worse in exams’ Here’s a synopsis from “The Guardian” of research done my MIT in the use of electronic devices in classrooms. Read the post here.
- Screentime Is Making Kids Moody, Crazy and Lazy Excellent article on the Psychology Today website about the effects of excessive ‘screentime’ for children. Read “Screentime Is Making Kids Moody, Crazy and Lazy“
- The Pen Is Mightier Than the Keyboard Faster is not smarter says a recent study on intelligence and handwriting. Read this rich report and write more letters by hand! See the post, and download the article here.
- The Impact of Technology on the Developing Child What are the measurable results of a childhood filled with technology? Don’t ask a Waldorf teacher, ask the Huffington Post! Read here to discover what research has demonstrated many times over. Read the article here.
- Save the Children: 4 Parenting Strategies for the Digital Age “Childhood is changing because of all those screens. What should we do about it?” Read more.
Downloads in this Category
Click on column headers or footers to sort. Click on file name to download.
|Janice D'Arcy||AAP reaffirms no screen time for young children||70.2 KiB|
|Tony Dokoupil||Is the Web Driving Us Mad? The new research into the Net’s negative effects.||318.7 KiB|
|Thomas Fuchs Ludger Woessmann||Computers and Student Learning: Bivariate and Multivariate Evidence The relationship between students’ educational achievement and the availability and use of computers at home and at school||291.5 KiB|
|Susan R. Johnson, MD, FAAP||Strangers in Our Homes: TV and Our Children’s Minds||319.0 KiB|
|Claudia Wallis||The impacts of media multitasking on children’s learning & development: Report from a research seminar A group of scholars assembled for a one-day seminar on media multitasking and its impact on children’s learning and development at Stanford University on July 15, 2009.||899.1 KiB|