Posts in this Category
- Trouble in Paradise: California Enacts a Strict Mandatory Vaccination Law by Tiffany Baer, MD In July 2016, in California, a mandatory vaccination law (Senate Bill 277) took effect. The law mandates that every child, entering certain grade levels, must have a specific set of vaccinations in order to attend class.(1) The law applies to children in both public and private schools—including Waldorf schools. If a child ...
- All you need to know about nature deficit disorder In an interview with Dr Ross Cameron of the department of landscape at Sheffield University in England for the BBC the symptoms of Nature Deficit Disorder (NDD) are described well and antidotes are offered. All you need to know about nature deficit disorder
- Learning To Ride A Unicycle May Be The Answer To Surviving Puberty This article has more to do with experience than specific research and has to do more with the soul health of early pubescent and self-conscious youngsters, but it might prove helpful to read. Learning To Ride A Unicycle May Be The Answer To Surviving Puberty
- Screentime Is Making Kids Moody, Crazy and Lazy Screens for Children? Not a very healthful idea! Read this. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mental-wealth/201508/screentime-is-making-kids-moody-crazy-and-lazy
- Homework is wrecking our kids Homework? NOT! Conclusive evidence against the use of homework in children’s lives. Read the report here: http://www.salon.com/2016/03/05/homework_is_wrecking_our_kids_the_research_is_clear_lets_ban_elementary_homework/
- Screen Time and ADHD Research links the increase in ADHD to screen preoccupation. You can read about this research here; http://learningbreakthrough.com/learning-breakthrough-blog/screen-time-adhd/
- Screentime Is Making Kids Moody, Crazy and Lazy Excellent article on the Psychology Today website about the effects of excessive ‘screentime’ for children. Read “Screentime Is Making Kids Moody, Crazy and Lazy“
- Small screens mess with children’s sleep, study finds A new study reveals that screens of any kind (even small screens) interfere with sound sleep for children. Fourth and seventh graders participated in a study on obesity in which this reality became evident. It is not only the distraction of it, it is the emissions! Read on…
- Study: Hiking Makes You Happier No surprises here but wonderful verification. Hiking makes us happy, reduces stress, and boosts our sense of well-being (‘sense of life’ in Waldorf terms!). Read the post here.
- Dr. Stephanie Seneff, MIT on Vaccines and Roundup Dr. Stephanie Seneff, MIT Senior Research Fellow, identifies a link between autism and the Gyphosate in Montsanto’s Roundup, predicting 1 in 2 children with autism by 2025 if the rate at which autism is appearing continues. She further links autism to vaccines because of the toxins used in them, made more dangerous because of the ...
Downloads in this Category
Click on column headers or footers to sort. Click on file name to download.
|Save Childhood Movement||Putting Children First Published in March 2014 by the movement's expert Early Years Advisory Group, 'Putting Children First' is a groundbreaking manifesto for the early years that highlights the need to put the best interests of the child at the heart of English policy-making. - See more at: http://www.savechildhood.net/putting-children-first.html#sthash.aTcNc0sr.dpuf||1.2 MiB|